If you have ever lived on a wild ranch or had to travel through a notorious part of your city at night, then I’m sure that you would have seriously considered buying a pistol.
- Pistols can be a lifesaver indeed when you are inadvertently caught in any dangerous situation – and there are plenty such situations these days.
- With the amount of crime steadily increasing, it is no surprise that more and more people are taking up shooting lessons with intentions of purchasing handguns for personal use.
- Handguns have evolved and come a long way since they were first introduced. Today, America is one of the most competitive markets when it comes to handguns.
No longer is it taboo to own a handgun. In fact, many people are rather proud of the fact that they can handle a firearm with practiced ease.
If you are confused about which Ruger handgun to choose, here is a table that compares the top 3 models for your benefit:
|Model Features||Special Amazon Offers|
|Ruger LCP II 380
Weight 10.6 oz.
Calibre 380 Auto
Capacity 6 + 1
Barrel Length 2.75 Inches
Frame Finish Multiple Colours
Sights Fixed front & rear sights
Customer Review: (5 / 5)
Weight 17.2 oz.
Calibre 9 mm.
Capacity 7 + 1
Barrel Length 3.1 Inches
Frame Finish Black
Sights 3-Dot Adjustable
Customer Review: (4 / 5)
Weight 36 oz.
Calibre 357 Magnum
Barrel Length 3.0 Inches
Frame Finish Stainless Steel
Customer Review: (5 / 5)
Without a doubt, the knowledge and ability to handle a handgun gives one confidence and self-assurance. If used responsibly, handguns can be an effective tool that keeps you safe – juts like a can of pepper spray or any form of martial arts.
There are many pistol manufacturers but if you want to go for an American brand with years of experience in firearms, then Ruger handguns are the way to go. This Connecticut based company was first established in 1949 by Alexander Sturm and William Ruger. Ever since they have become synonymous with reliable and good quality firearms.
Ruger designs and manufactures several different types of firearms each for different purposes, but the Ruger handguns are best suited for self-defence. Investing in a firearm is an important decision and you need to do the necessary research before making the final choice.
Buying a firearm in haste will only make your life miserable. Talk to other firearm enthusiasts for their recommendations, participate in open discussions and forums about firearms and also read reviews to make an informed choice.
Even if you need to spend a little extra, it is better to go for reputed handguns since it is a question of personal safety. A good handgun should strive to meet all your needs and requirements.Shopping for a handgun can be a tad overwhelming to be honest.
Here is a more elaborate description of the top 3 best-selling Ruger handguns:
Ruger LCP II 380:
The Ruger Light Compact Pistol (LCP) was first introduced back in 2008. Since then it has had further improvements made to it and today it is one of the best self-defence handguns that you would come across. It has a single-action trigger with an in-built trigger safety mechanism. The larger grip surface makes sure that the impact of the recoil is evenly distributed.
The alloy steel barrel is exceptional and smooth thus making it easy to tuck into your belt or holster. Further, accessories for this pistol is also readily available and easily accessible. If you are looking for a pistol that makes you feel safe without burning a hole in your pocket, then the Ruger LCP II 380 is the ideal choice. Certainly, you will not regret spending your money on a Ruger LCP II 380.
Often, some guns seem to suit men while some other appear to suit women better. But the Ruger LCP II 380 suits both genders. Additionally it is also designed to be ambidextrous, which makes it a breeze to use by both left-handed as well as right-handed people.Requiring very minimal maintenance, this pistol is a dream come true!
If you are new to shooting, then the Ruger LC9S model would be your best bet. With a smooth and light trigger pull as well as a 3-dot sight system which improves visibility and focus, this pistol is a joy to shoot with. The ‘S’ stands for Striker-Fired. This is the latest trend in the pistol industry, which has led to a shorter and crisper trigger pull, thereby making shooting accurately a much simpler task. This is an award winning handgun.
- The locked breech design of this pistol has earned it many fans. Plus, there is an indicator present in this pistol which helps us to learn if the gun is loaded or not instantly, at a glance.
- While this pistol is mainly designed for personal protection and hence shoots better at short range, it still works remarkably well at reasonable distances too. An intelligently designed pistol, that is long-lasting and dependable.
Thus the Ruger LC9S is the perfect choice for shooting novices who want to take charge of their personal protection. Once you try this Ruger handgun, you will realise why it is a personal favourite among many shooting enthusiasts. Soon you will also start raving about how great the Ruger LC9S is!
The Ruger GP100 is an all-time classic handgun. If there is one word to describe this handgun it would be strong. If you really want to feel powerful then this revolver is for you. An extremely sturdy handgun, this revolver would mostly suit experienced shooters rather than beginners.
- The Ruger GP100 is for the serious shooter. As stated in the table, this one is heavier than the other two Ruger handgun models mentioned above – but it does feel solid in one’s hand!
- If you have never used a revolver before, then you would need to practise with this handgun till you get it right. Pro-shooters will however enjoy shooting with the Ruger GP100 and will certainly appreciate how rugged yet sturdy it is. This handgun is not particularly suited for concealed carry.
- Nevertheless, there is no denying the fact that it is one of the most stylish looking revolvers ever! The robustness of the Ruger GP100 definitely makes it comparable to any high end revolver.
This revolver is a testimony to the bankability of the Ruger brand name. Whether you are at the range or out and about, if you learn to use this revolver properly, you can be rest assured that your family and friends will be suitably impressed!
And anyone who wishes you any sort of harm will be intimidated just by looking at your revolver!